Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) Program 2017 Version Release
- The purpose of this Notice from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is twofold:
- to inform exporters of revisions to designated export offices as well as important export reporting information; and
- to inform exporters that the 2017 version of the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) program software will be available and ready for download when it is released on December 12, 2016.
- Exporters are required to report their goods in accordance to the Reporting of Exported Goods Regulations. In consideration of the noted changes below and regardless of what reporting method is being used to report goods, exporters should review their current records to ensure that the appropriate export reporting office is reported on their export declarations.
- The 2016 version of CAED will expire on January 31, 2017, after which time only the 2017 version will be valid.
- CAED participants should upgrade to the CAED program, 2017 version, by downloading the software along with the release notes from the main page of Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED).
- The following offices will no longer be recognized as designated export offices and will be eliminated from the "place of exit" field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- AB–Fort McMurray (720)
- BC–Douglas (840)
- NB–St. Andrews (209)
- NB–St. Stephen (211)
- NL–Clarenville (900)
- NL–Grand Falls (910)
- NL-Harbour Grace (922)
- NL-Stephenville (918)
- ON-Owen Sound (482)
- ON-Sombra Ferry Dock (465)
- ON-Toronto - Port of Toronto (495)
- QC-Abercorn (318)
- QC-Chartierville (365)
- QC-Clarenceville (337)
- QC-East Hereford (362)
- QC-East Pinnacle (369)
- QC-Frelighsburg (332)
- QC-Glen Sutton (370)
- QC-Hemmingford (333)
- QC-Hereford Road (366)
- QC-Highwater (334)
- QC-Morses Line (367)
- QC–Noyan (368)
- QC-Pohénégamook (331)
- QC-Stanstead - Beebe (376)
- QC-Stanstead - Route 143 (375)
- QC-Ste. Pamphile (335)
- QC-St-Just-De-Bretenières (336)
- QC-Woburn (308)
- The following office will now be recognized as a designated export office and will be added to the "place of exit" field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- QC-Gaspe (304)
- The following offices have revised port names and will be added to the "place of exit" field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- BC-Comox Valley Airport (838)
- BC-Cranbrook Airport (801)
- BC-Vancouver International Airport Commercial Op (821)
- MB-Winnipeg-Int Airport James Armstrong Richardson (510)
- NB-Woodstock Road (212)
- NL-Fortune - Transport Canada Wharf (919)
- NL-Gander International Airport (912)
- NS-Halifax (009)
- NU-Iqaluit Airport (403)
- ON-Fort Erie - Peace Bridge (410)
- ON-Kitchener-Waterloo International Airport (Region of) (401)
- ON-Lansdowne - Thousand Islands Bridge (456)
- ON-London International Airport (423)
- ON-Ottawa-MacDonald-Cartier International Airport (485)
- ON-Toronto - Interport Sufferance Warehouse Ltd (496)
- ON-Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (497)
- ON-Windsor-Detroit Tunnel (452)
- QC-Montréal (395)
- QC-St-Bernard-de-Lacolle - Highway 15 (351)
- The following countries will be added to the list of countries available in the 2017 version of CAED:
- South Georgia
- Faroe Islands (formerly Faeroe Islands)
- Moldova, Rep. of (formerly Moldova)
- State of Palestine (formerly Occ. Palestinian Ter)
- Ireland (formerly Republic of Ireland)
- Holy See (Vatican) (formerly Vatican City State)
- The following countries name will be removed from the list of countries available in the 2017 version of CAED:
- Faeroe Islands
- Occ. Palestinian Ter
- Republic of Ireland
- Vatican City State
- Refer to the Designated Export Office (EXPORT) | Directory of CBSA Offices and Services | Canada Border Services Agency for the updated listing of designated export offices.
- When reporting export goods to the CBSA using the CAED program, or other reporting methods, ensure that the declaration is fully and accurately completed and that a detailed description of all goods is provided.
- A conveyance identification number must be noted on the declaration when reporting the export of a vehicle/conveyance.
- Numerous changes have been made to the Harmonized System (HS) Classification Codes for 2017. Exporters are recommended to refer to the 2017 Canadian Export Classification Manual for more information (expected release date: December 12, 2016).
- For CAED information: Contact the CAED Helpdesk – Statistics Canada
Tel. 1-800-257-2434 (toll-free calls within Canada)
Tel. 613-951-6291 (charges apply for calls outside Canada)
Statistics Canada Website: main page of Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED)
- For more export reporting information, consult at the CBSA:
- Alternatively, you may contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS).
- Changes to the CAED Application
- C01. Windows XP
Microsoft has ended support of the Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft updates to the Windows XP operating system, including security updates to help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software are no longer provided. CAED 2017 is compatible with the Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later) operating system. Changes to the Windows XP operating system, including the installation of hardware/software, may result in incompatibilities with the CAED application that cannot be resolved. It is recommended that clients migrate to the Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 operating system.
- C02. WINDOWS VISTA
Microsoft's extended support of the Windows Vista operating system will end on April 11th, 2017 at which time there will be no further security updates or hotfixes from Microsoft. It is recommended that clients migrate to the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating systems.
- C03. WINDOWS 8
The original release of Windows 8 is no longer supported by Microsoft and will not receive security updates or hotfixes from Microsoft. It is recommended that clients migrate to the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating systems.
- C04. CAED INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
Service Pack 3 for Windows XP is required if installing CAED on the Windows XP operating system.
CAED must be installed on a workstation that has either the 2007 or 2010 version of the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components.
- C05. STATISTICS CANADA - CHANGE IN EMAIL ADDRESS
The default email address used for transmissions to Statistics Canada has changed. The new email address is: email@example.com. Clients using the Local Email (MAPI) or Internet Email (SMTP) protocol options should contact their network administrator to make sure their network configuration allows transmission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- C01. Windows XP