This course provides a detailed understanding the components of the SPSD/M and how to use key features such as controlling scenarios, creating new variables and customized tables. Case studies are presented and participants have an opportunity for hands-on experience.
Benefits to participants
Participants will be able to use the SPSD/M.
Hands-on users of the SPSD/M and persons who will be analyzing and interpreting SPSD/M results.
- Microsimulation fundamentals
- SPSD/M components and structure
- Key concept: Static database aging
- Key concept: Unit of analysis
- Key concept: Accounting framework
- SPSM parameters
- SPSM operation
- Selection and sampling
- Custom tables with the crosstabulator
- SPSD database and variables
- SPSM algorithms
- SPSM facilities
- Creating new variables
- Example simulations and case studies