Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Malenfant ÉC, Lebel A, Martel L. Projections of the Diversity of the Canadian Population, 2006 to 2031 (Catalogue 91-551-X) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
2. DesMeules M, Gold J, Kazanjian A, et al. New approaches to immigrant health assessment. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2004; 95(3): I22-6.
3. Perez CE. Health status and health behaviours among immigrants. Health Reports 2002; 13 (Suppl.): 1-13.
4. Newbold KB. Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effect. Social Science and Medicine 2005; 60(6): 1359-70.
5. Hyman I. Immigration and Health. Health Policy Working Paper Series. Working Paper 01-05. Ottawa: Health Canada, 2001.
6. Ng E, Wilkins R, Gendron F. Dynamics of immigrant's health in Canada: Evidence from the National Population Health Survey. Healthy Today, Healthy Tomorrow? Findings from the National Population Health Survey (Catalogue 82-618-MWE) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2005.
7. Ng E. The healthy immigrant effect and mortality rates. Health Reports 2011; 22(4): 25-9.
8. Creatore MI, Moineddin R, Booth G, et al. Age- and sex-related prevalence of diabetes mellitus among immigrants to Ontario, Canada. Canadian Medical Association Journal; 182(8): 781-9. doi:10.1503/cmaj.091551.
9. Wilkins R, Tjepkema M, Mustard C, Choinière R. The Canadian census mortality follow-up study, 1991 through 2001. Health Reports 2008; 19(3): 25-43.
10. Rotermann M. The impact of considering birthplace in analyses of immigrant health. Health Reports 2011; 22(4): 37-43.
11. Chiu M, Austin PC, Manuel DG, Tu J. Comparison of cardiovascular risk profiles among ethnic groups using population health surveys between 1996 and 2007. Canadian Medical Association Journal; 182(8): E301-10. doi:10.1503/cmaj.091676.
12. Berthelot JM, Ross NA, Tremblay S. Regional socio-economic context and health. Health Reports 2002; 13(Suppl): 1-12.
13. Wilkins R, Berthelot JM, Ng E. Trends in mortality by neighbourhood income in urban Canada from 1971 to 1996. Health Reports 2002; 13(Suppl): 1-27.
14. Hou F, Chen J. Neighbourhood low income, income inequality and health in Toronto. Health Reports 2003; 14(2): 21-34.
15. Chui T, Tran K, Maheux H. Immigration in Canada: A Portrait of the Foreign-Born Population, 2006 Census (Catalogue 97-557-XIE) Ottawa: Statistics Canada. 2007.
16. Davies WKD, Murdie RA. 1993. Measuring the social ecology of cities. In: Bourne LS, Ley DF, eds. The Changing Social Geography of Canadian Cities. Montreal: McGill-Queens University Press.
17. Hou F, Myles J. Neighbourhood inequality, relative deprivation and self-perceived health status. Analytical Studies Branch–Research Paper Series, No. 228 (Catalogue 11F0019MIE) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2004.
18. Hou F. Recent immigration and the formation of visible minority neighbourhoods in Canada's largest cities. Neighbourhood inequality, relative deprivation and self-perceived health status. Analytical Studies Branch–Research Paper Series, No. 221 (Catalogue 11F0019MIE) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2004.
19. Peters PA, Oliver LN, Carrière G M. Geozones : An area-based method for analysis of health outcomes. Health Reports 2012; 23(1): 55-64.
20. Statistics Canada. 2006 Census Dictionary (Catalogue 92-566-X) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
21. Johnston R, Voas D, Poulsen M. Measuring spatial concentration: the use of threshold profiles. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 2003; 30: 3-14.
22. Hou F. The initial destinations and redistribution of Canada's major foreign-born groups: Changes over the past two decades. Analytical Studies – Research Paper Series, No. 254 (Catalogue 11F0019MIE) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2005.
23. Statistics Canada. Profiles for Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Divisions, Census Subdivisions and Dissemination Areas, 2006 Census (Catalogue 94-581-XCB2006) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2008.
24. Wilkins R, Khan S. PCCF + Version 5G User's Guide (Catalogue 82F0086-XDB) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010. Available at: http://abacus.library.ubc.ca/bitstream/10573/42320/18/msword.pccf5g.pdf. Accessed March 20, 2011.
25. Wilkins R, Khan S. PCCF + Version 5H User's Guide (Catalogue 82F0086-XDB) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2011. Available at: http://abacus.library.ubc.ca/bitstream/10573/42442/3/msword.pccf5h.pdf. Accessed March 20, 2011.
26. World Health Organization and Canadian Institute for Health Information. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Canada. Ottawa: Canadian Institute for Health Information, 2009.
27. World Health Organization and National Center for Health Statistics. International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification, Sixth Edition. Washington, DC: United States Government Printing Office, 2008.
28. Hyman I. Setting the stage: Reviewing current knowledge on the health of Canadian immigrants. What is the evidence and where are the gaps? Canadian Journal of Public Health 2004; 95(3): I4-8.
29. Spiegelman M. Introduction to Demography, Revised Edition. Cambridge Massachusetts: Harvard University Press, 1968.
30. Chen J, Wilkins R, Ng E. Life expectancy of Canada's immigrants from 1986 to 1991. Health Reports 1996; 8(3): 29-38.
31. Tomlin AM, Tilyard MW, Dovey SM, Dawson AG. Hospital admissions in diabetic and non-diabetic patients: A case-control study. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 2006; 73(3): 260-7.
32. Bo S, Ciccone G, Grassi G, et al. Patients with type 2 diabetes had higher rates of hospitalization than the general population. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2004; 57(11): 1196-201.
33. Carrière G, Garner R, Sanmartin C, LHAD Research Team. Acute-care Hospitalizations and Aboriginal Identity in Canada, 2001/2002. Health Research Working Paper Series (Catalogue 82-622-X, No. 005) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010. Available at: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-622-x/82-622-x2010005-eng.pdf. Accessed March 20, 2011.
- Date modified: