Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
Featured in this issue are the following new indicators:
- 30-Day obstetric readmission rate
- 30-Day pediatric readmission rate
- 30-Day surgical readmission rate
- 30-Day medical readmission rate
- Premature mortality and potential years of life lost (PYLL): Premature Mortality rate, Premature PYLL rate
- Potentially avoidable mortality: Potentially avoidable Mortality rate, Potentially avoidable PYLL rate
In the Data tables, maps and fact sheets section updated data tables are available including the following indicators:
- Cancer incidence (Available June 19, 2012)
- Health adjusted life expectancy
- Life Expectancy (Updated May 31, 2012)
This year, the in-focus topic for the report Health Indicators 2012 is Avoidable Mortality. This report introduces three new indicators that examine the subset of deaths that could have potentially been avoided through public health practices, prevention and policies, and the provision of timely and effective health care.
As of June 19, 2012, the Health Trends product reflects the latest information from the Canadian Community Health Survey and has been updated to include the latest data from the Canadian Cancer Registry and Vital Statistics.
As of June 19, 2012, the Health Profile has been updated with data from a number of sources from Statistics Canada and the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
- Date modified: