Self-reported victimization, 1999, 2004 and 2009
View the most recent version.
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact-us" to request a format other than those available.
|Year||Total violent victimization1||Total household victimization2||Theft of personal property|
|number (thousands)||rate3||number (thousands)||rate4||number (thousands)||rate3|
† reference category
* significantly different from reference category (p < 0.05)
1. Total violent victimization includes: sexual assault, robbery and physical assault.
2. Total household victimization includes: break and enter, motor vehicle theft/parts, theft of household property and vandalism.
3. Rates are calculated per 1,000 population age 15 years and older.
4. Rates are calculated per 1,000 households.
Note: Excludes data from the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut which will be published at a later date.
Source: Statistics Canada, General Social Survey, 1999, 2004 and 2009.
- Date modified: