Self-reported violent and household victimization in previous 12 months, by territory and capital city, 2009
|Territory or capital city||Violent victimizationNote 1||Household victimizationNote 2|
|number||rateNote 3||number||rateNote 4|
|Yukon||6,055Note E: Use with caution||227Note E: Use with caution||5,234||362|
|Whitehorse||3,858Note E: Use with caution||217Note E: Use with caution||3,598||361|
|Other communitiesNote †||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published||1,637Note E: Use with caution||365|
|Northwest Territories||5,299Note E: Use with caution||163Note E: Use with caution||5,758||383|
|Yellowknife||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published||2,543||344Note E: Use with caution|
|Other communitiesNote †||3,666Note E: Use with caution||211Note E: Use with caution||3,215||421|
|Nunavut (10 largest communities)Note 5||2,571Note E: Use with caution||181Note E: Use with caution||2,370||409Note *|
|Iqaluit||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published|
|Other communitiesNote †||Note F: too unreliable to be published||Note F: too unreliable to be published||1,723||511|
|Capitals||5,955Note E: Use with caution||158Note E: Use with caution||6,787||343Note *|
|Other communitiesNote †||7,969Note E: Use with caution||222Note E: Use with caution||6,575||424|
† reference category
E use with caution
F too unreliable to be published
* significantly different from reference category (p<0.1)
1. Includes sexual assaults, robberies and assaults. Excludes all incidents of spousal sexual and physical assault.
2. Includes break and enter, motor vehicle theft, theft of household property and vandalism.
3. Rates are calculated per 1,000 population aged 15 years and older.
4. Rates are calculated per 1,000 households.
5. Data collection in Nunavut resulted in undercoverage of the Inuit population and lower response rates than those in Yukon and the Northwest Territories. As such, results for Nunavut should be interpreted with caution.
Source: Statistics Canada, General Social Survey, 2009.
- Date modified: