Self-reported victimization of older Canadians (55 years and over), 1999, 2004 and 2009
|Year||Total violent victimizationNote 1||Total household victimizationNote 2|
|number (thousands)||rateNote 3||number (thousands)||rateNote 4|
|1999||109||17Note *||258||82Note *|
† reference category
* significantly different from reference category (p<0.05)
1. Total violent victimization includes: sexual assault, robbery and physical assault.
2. Total household victimization includes: break and enter, motor vehicle theft or their parts, theft of household property and vandalism.
3. Rates are calculated per 1,000 population age 55 years and older.
4. Rates are calculated per 1,000 households composed solely of residents 55 years of age or older.
Note: Excludes data from the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut.
Source: Statistics Canada, General Social Survey, 1999, 2004 and 2009.
- Date modified: