Divorce cases, selected provinces and territories, 2010/2011
or territoryNote 1
|Initiated casesNote 2||Ongoing casesNote 3||Total active casesNote 4|
|British ColumbiaNote 5||10,832||44||13,900||56||24,732||100|
1. Excludes data from Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan due to the unavailability of data.
2. Refers to cases newly started during the year.
3. Refers to cases continuing from a previous year.
4. Refers to cases that had activity or were initiated during the year.
5. Divorce cases in British Columbia may be under-represented since the family matter is unknown in 10% of all family cases.
Source: Statistics Canada, Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, Civil Court Survey.
- Date modified: