Self-reported criminal harassment, by sex of victim and region, 2009
|number ('000)||percent||number ('000)||percent||number ('000)||percent|
|AltanticNote 1||22Note E: Use with caution||2.15Note E: Use with caution||13Note E: Use with caution||1.35Note E: Use with caution||35||1.76|
|CentralNote 2||287||3.28Note *||138||1.64||425||2.47|
|Quebec||131||3.98Note *||88||2.77Note *||219||3.38Note *|
|Ontario||156||2.85||50Note E: Use with caution||0.95Note E: Use with cautionNote *||206||1.92|
|MidwestNote 3||28Note E: Use with caution||3.07Note E: Use with caution||20Note E: Use with caution||2.23Note E: Use with caution||47||2.65|
|WesternNote 4||80||2.39||34Note E: Use with caution||1.00Note E: Use with caution||113||1.69|
E use with caution
† reference category
* significantly different from reference category (p < 0.05)
1. Atlantic region refers to Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
2. Central region refers to Quebec and Ontario.
3. Midwest region refers to Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
4. Western region refers to Alberta and British Columbia.
Note: Data from the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut were collected using a different methodology and are therefore excluded.
Source: Statistics Canada, General Social Survey, 2009.
- Date modified: