The purpose of the Statistics Canada Client Survey is to measure satisfaction with product and/or service quality, delivery and use.
Information is used for external reporting, internal decision making and priority setting.
The sample for the Statistics Canada Client Survey is taken from the Statistic Canada's Client Relations Management System (CRMS). CRMS includes all clients who requested a product or service within a given year (January – December) and the results reflect these clients from January 2017 to December 2017.
Most of the respondents were from the Academic and Federal Government sectors. The Think Tank and Media sectors had the lowest representation. The majority of respondents requested a product and/or service for the purpose of research and analysis, followed by policy/program development and evaluation and modelling or forecasting.
Overall satisfaction with Statistics Canada's products and/or service quality
- 82% of clients were satisfied with the overall quality of the product or service received.
- The format or medium of product received the highest level satisfaction.
- Areas for improvement were timeliness and frequency of releases.
Overall satisfaction with Statistics Canada's products and/or service delivery
- 84% of clients were satisfied with the overall delivery of the product or service received.
- Respect and courtesy of staff and the provision of the product or service in the official language of choice received the highest levels of satisfaction.
- Areas of improvement were cost and amount of time to get the product or service.
Overall level of usefulness with Statistics Canada's products and/or services
- 71% of clients considered the product or service useful.