- Position title
- Telephone Interviewer
- Sturgeon Falls, Ontario
- Selection process number
- June 14, 2019
- Closing date
- June 21, 2019
- 225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls, Ontario P2B 2Y8
- Hourly rate
$0.41/hour second language premium.
$2.00/hour weekend premium (premium in effect for all weekend hours).
$2.00/hour evening premium (premium in effect after 5 p.m. each day, including weekends).
- Determinate part time position
- The hours
- Candidates must be available to work variable scheduled hours on days, evenings and weekends. Hours are subject to change depending upon operational requirements.
- Official language
- English and Bilingual (English and French)
- Open to
- Persons residing in and within commuting distance of Sturgeon Falls and area.
- Other related information
Interviewers are responsible for the collection of a wide variety of data from Canadian businesses and households, and conduct a variety of surveys.
The Interviewer contacts the respondent to conduct the interview by telephone.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: candidates who have already submitted their application to selection process number: 17-STC-SSO-STU-703355 do not need to reapply.
Statistics Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. In support of our strategy to achieve employment equity goals, selection may be limited to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal people, Persons with a Disability and Visible Minorities.
Statement of Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- General criteria
- Successful completion of secondary school education according to provincial standards or approved alternative. An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may be accepted.
- Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening/closing and locating software programs and files)
- Asset - Client service orientation.
During the assessment we will consider the following:
- Accountability and dependability
- Respect, integrity and ethics
- Effective interpersonal interactions
- Influencing others
- Effective oral communication
- Conditions of employment
- have reached the provincial age of majority and eligible to work in Canada
- receive a reliability status security clearance
- provide proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or possess a valid work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- be available to work variable hours on days, evenings and weekends.
The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate's responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.