- Position title
- Field Interviewer - Inventory
- Sherwood Park, AB
- Selection process number
- Linguistic profile
- English Essential
- Sherwood Park, AB
- Hourly rate
- Determinate part time position
- The hours
- Candidates must be available to work variable hours on days, evenings and weekends. Hours are subject to change depending upon operational requirements.
- Open to *
- Persons residing within a 40 km radius of Sherwood Park, AB
- Closing date
- Job Summary
Interviewers are responsible for the collection of a wide variety of data from Canadian businesses and households, and conduct a variety of surveys. The Interviewer contacts the respondent to conduct the interview by personal visit or telephone.
- Other related information
Please note: for this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by phone and/or email, including sending invitations for assessments. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application up-to-date contact information including a valid email address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
Candidates may be offered positions as they are assessed, found qualified, and have confirmed their availability for mandatory training. In order to be considered first it is important to make yourself available for all assessments and training, as well as inform your references ahead of time that we may be contacting them.
Applications may be selected for consideration based on the date of submission. Selection of applications will continue until all positions are filled; if a sufficient number of candidates are found qualified your application may not be selected for consideration.
For previous Statistics Canada employees, reference contacts are not restricted to the list of names given by the candidate. The Selection Committee reserves the right to contact other references.
Candidates may be eliminated at any point during the selection process if they fail to demonstrate any of the essential qualifications through their conduct, for example, through: communication with the employer, screening, assessments, etc.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Statistics Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. In support of our strategy to achieve employment equity goals, selection may be limited to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal people, Persons with a Disability and Visible Minorities.
Statement of Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- General criteria
- Successful completion of one (1) year of secondary school. A combination of education, training and/or experience may be accepted.
- Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening /closing and locating software programs and files)
- Asset - Experience dealing with the public
- Asset - Third languages (specify)
During the assessment, we will consider the following:
- Accountability and dependability
- Respect, integrity and ethics
- Effective interpersonal interactions
- Influencing others
- Effective oral communication
- Conditions of employment
- have reached the provincial age of majority
- provide proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or possess a valid work permit
- receive a reliability status security clearance
- be available to work variable hours on days, evenings and weekends.
- possess a valid Canadian driver's license and have unrestricted use of a vehicle.
- have a private area in their residence to store confidential information.
- have reliable telephone service at their place of residence
- be willing and able to travel.
The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate's responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.