- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Position title
- Field Interviewer
- Selection process number
- Position(s) available
- Date modified
- September 27, 2019
- Closing date
- December 31, 2019
- Anticipated start date
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Hourly rate
- Hours per week
- Part time
- Determinate part-time position
- Open to
- Persons residing in Happy Valley-Goose Bay and surrounding area
Conducts data gathering activities from own home, respondent's home or place of business, utilizing various methodologies/technologies such as physical observation, personal visit interviewing, transcription, laptop computer, mail or any combination thereof, ensuring that data collection materials, including laptop computers and paper documents are kept physically secure at all times and that confidentiality is maintained.
- The hours
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Hours are subject to change depending upon operational requirements.
- Job Requirements
- Successful completion of secondary school education according to provincial standards or approved alternative
- Experience dealing with the public
- Experience in basic keyboarding
- Possess a valid Driver's License and have unhindered use of a vehicle
- Have access to a landline telephone
- Other related information
Statistics Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities to self-identify.
Statement of Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- General criteria
- Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or approved alternatives. A combination of education, training and/or experience may be accepted.
- Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening /closing and locating software programs and files)
- * Asset - Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel) or similar software
- * Asset - Experience dealing with the public
- * Asset - Third languages (specify)
During the assessment we will consider the following:
- Accountability and dependability
- Respect, integrity and ethics
- Effective interpersonal interactions
- Influencing others
- Effective oral communication
- Conditions of Employement
- have reached the provincial age of majority
- provide proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or possess a valid work permit
- receive a reliability status security clearance
- be available to work variable hours on days, evenings and weekends.
- possess a valid Canadian driver's license and have unrestricted use of a vehicle.
- have a private area in their residence to make confidential phone calls and secure (lock-up) confidential documents.
- have reliable telephone service at your place of residence
- be willing and able to travel.
The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate's responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.