Repurposing data supports the growing need for information
Every day, government and private-sector organizations collect data for their various needs. All levels of government are increasingly interested in maximizing the potential of administrative data to build a comprehensive and coherent statistical picture of the economy, society and the environment.
Statistics Canada is responsible for providing Canadians with reliable and comprehensive data and for giving governments, businesses, unions and not-for-profit organizations the information they need to maintain an open and democratic society.
For close to 100 years, Statistics Canada has repurposed data collected by other organizations to enhance the decision-making capability of governments and communities. These data support the creation of statistical outputs which bring evidence to policy and decision making, and save money and time.
What are the benefits of giving Statistics Canada access to your administrative data?
- brings together statistical information from many high-quality sources
- reduces the response burden on individuals and companies
- saves money
- provides a direct way to tabulate statistical outputs
- responds quickly to growing needs for quality statistical outputs
- facilitates statistical modelling based on the integration of multiple data sources
- leads to better survey design.
Your data is PROTECTED
Statistics Canada will protect the confidentiality of the information that it obtains from all data providers. The data are held in a secure environment, and the privacy of individuals is fully protected.
For more information on confidentiality, privacy or repurposing data, contact us at STATCAN.infostats-infostats.STATCAN@canada.ca or at 1-800-263-1136.