- Differences between the List of Countries, Dependencies and Other Areas of Interest (2006) and the International Standard ISO 3166-1: 2006
- Updates of ISO 3166-1: 1997
- Updates of ISO 3166-1: 2006
Differences between the List of Countries, Dependencies and Other Areas of Interest (2006) and the International Standard ISO 3166-1: 2006
|Statistics Canada, 2006||ISO 3166-1: 2006|
|Iran||Iran, Islamic Republic of|
|Ireland, Republic of (EIRE)||Ireland|
|Korea, North||Korea, Democratic People's Republic of|
|Korea, South||Korea, Republic of|
|Laos||Lao People's Democratic Republic|
|Libya||Libyan Arab Jamahiriya|
|Macedonia (FYROM)||Macedonia, The former Yugoslav Republic of|
|Syria||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Taiwan||Taiwan, Province of China|
|Vatican City State||Holy See (Vatican City State)|
- On September 26, 2006, two entities have been added (Montenegro, 499, ME, MNE; and Serbia, 688, RS, SRB) and the country name Serbia and Montenegro (891, CS, SCG) has been removed from the list.
- On March 29, 2006, three entities have been added (Guernsey, 831, GG, GGY; Isle of Man, 833, IM, IMN; and Jersey, 832, JE, JEY).
- On February 13, 2004, one entity has been added (Åland Islands, 248, AX, ALA).
- On February 5, 2003, the name and the ALPHA code elements for Serbia and Montenegro have been modified (from Yugoslavia to Serbia and Montenegro, and from YU, YUG to CS, SCG).
- On November 15, 2002, the name of Timor-Leste (626, TL, TLS) has been modified (from East Timor to Timor-Leste).
- On May 20, 2002, the name of Macao (446, MO, MAC) has been modified (from Macau to Macao), and the ALPHA code elements for East Timor (626, TL, TLS) have changed (from TP, TMP to TL, TLS).
- On February 1st, 2002, the ALPHA-3 code element for Romania (642, RO, ROU) has changed (from ROM to ROU).
- On January 1st 2001, two entities have been added (Occupied Palestinian Territory, 275, PS, PSE and East Timor, 626, TP, TMP).
- On April 8, 2008, the name of Moldova (498, MD, MDA) has been modified (from Moldova, Republic of to Moldova).
- On September 21, 2007, two entities have been added (Saint Barthélemy, 652, BL, BLM; and Saint Martin (French part), 663, MF, MAF).