Statistics Canada was established to ensure that Canadians have access to a trusted source of statistics on Canada to meet their highest priority needs. Access to trusted statistical information underpins democratic societies, as it supports evidence-based decision-making in the public and private sectors, and informs debate on public policy issues.
What are we doing?
As a department, Statistics Canada is responsible for the following:
- List of Acts
- List of Regulations
- Forward Regulatory Plan
- Administrative Burden Baseline
- Interpretation Policy
- Departmental Actions to respond to the Red Tape Reduction Commission’s Recommendations Report
All of the government’s Acts and Regulations can be found on the Justice Canada website.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: