The Postsecondary Student Information System (PSIS) is a national survey that enables Statistics Canada to provide detailed information on enrolments and graduates of Canadian public postsecondary institutions in order to meet policy and planning needs in the field of postsecondary education. The information may also be used by Statistics Canada for other statistical and research purposes.
Block Information Confidentiality
Statistics Canada is prohibited by law from releasing any information it collects which could identify any person, business, or organization, unless consent has been given by the respondent or as permitted by the Statistics Act.
Statistics Canada will use the information from this survey for statistical purposes.
Block Information on Record linkage
To enhance the data from this survey, Statistics Canada may combine it with information from other surveys or from administrative sources.
Block Information on Topics covered in the survey
Topics covered in the survey
The survey collects information on:
- enrolment and graduate counts in Canadian public postsecondary institutions (universities and colleges)
- field of study
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP 2011)
- program type and credential type
- registration status
- year of enrolment and year of convocation or graduation
- immigration status
- mother tongue
Block Information on Published data
- Questionnaires, definitions, data sources and methods: survey number 5017