At Statistics Canada we understand how important it is for you to find the information you need quickly and intuitively.
Learn all about our recent changes to the website:
Watch the videos
Statistics Canada's Website Evaluation Survey 2020
From January 6, 2020 to January 31, 2020, Statistics Canada will conduct a pop-up survey on its website to gather feedback on user experience. The findings will be used to help Statistics Canada improve its website.
More information can be found at Statistics Canada's Website Evaluation 2020.
Recent changes, bugs fixes and improvements
Please note, the following changes, bug fixes and improvements have been implemented:
- Recent changes:
- Ask us your question, a live agent will assist you.
- Selected new, unpopulated fields that appeared inside the .CSV metadata file components are removed and the correction flag fields reinstated. The full table download files for tables that have been affected will be corrected in a phased approach.
- Find information by region or area feature presents 2016 Census results for a requested geography.
- Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) are available for data tables.
- An improved metadata schema.org standard will be implemented and will result in improved findability of Statistics Canada data tables using external search engines.
How to find information on the site
- My StatCan - help
- Finding and Using Statistics Archived
- How to Cite Statistics Canada Products
- Does Statistics Canada collect this information?
Frequently asked questions
Having issues? Want to know more about the recent features? Check out the frequently asked questions.
What if I have questions or comments?
Please contact us at STATCAN.infostats-infostats.STATCAN@canada.ca