The Indigenous Liaison Program serves as a bridge between Statistics Canada and First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities and Indigenous organizations.
- Work in partnership with First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities and organizations to build strong relationships;
- Increase understanding and access to Statistics Canada's data, products and services;
- Promote the use of Statistics Canada's data sources for decision-making and community planning activities;
- Build statistical capacity of Indigenous peoples and organizations;
- Liaise with communities and organizations on Statistics Canada surveys and other important initiatives.
- Presentations and information sessions in which we present Indigenous data at the provincial and community level;
- Data distribution to First Nations, Métis and Inuit organizations and communities;
- Data and information request support through personal consultations;
- Networking that leads to establishing durable and meaningful relationships.
For further details, please contact the Indigenous Liaison Advisor in your area:
Yukon and Northwest Territories
Jerry Potts, Senior Advisor