Statistics Canada conducts this survey for the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD). The purpose of this survey is to establish the average purchase price on a number of goods and services in over 28 countries. The results will enable participating countries to compare the purchasing power of currencies.
Block Information on Topics covered in the survey
Topics covered in the survey
The survey asks questions about
- household operations, furnishings and equipment
- clothing and footwear
- health care and personal care
- recreation, education and reading
- alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
Block Information on Published data
Statistics Canada publishes the results of its surveys in many formats. To find all the documents related to this survey, follow the links below and type the name of the survey in the search engine located at the left of your screen to filter the results.
Data: You will find tables, profiles of a community or region, thematic maps, public use microdata files, and data visualization tools.
Analysis: You will have direct access to Stats in brief (e.g., releases from The Daily, fact sheets), articles and reports, and journals and periodicals.
Block Information on Survey-specific questions
- For more information about this survey (questionnaires, definitions, data sources and methods used): EUROSTAT-OECD Methodological manual on purchasing power parities (PPPs)