The goal of this survey is to obtain an accurate picture of the nature, extent and impact of inappropriate sexual behaviours that occur in a school-related setting.
Your participation in this survey will help Canadian governments and postsecondary schools to:
- evaluate students' attitudes about their personal safety in a school-related setting;
- develop more effective ways to prevent sexual victimization and provide safe environments for students;
- measure the effectiveness of existing support services for students.
Your feedback matters, even if you have not experienced inappropriate sexual behaviours, or are no longer a student. Your participation ensures that the information collected is as accurate and reliable as possible.
Your information may also be used by Statistics Canada for other statistical and research purposes.
Block Information Confidentiality
Data are collected under the authority of the Statistics Act, Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, Chapter S-19. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Block Information on Data sharing agreements and record linkage
To enhance the data from this survey and to reduce the response burden, Statistics Canada may combine the information you provide with data from other surveys or administrative sources.
Block Information on Topics covered in the survey
Topics covered in the survey
The survey asks questions about:
- inappropriate sexual behaviours and victimization witnessed or experienced in a school-related setting;
- how safe students feel on campus or when out with friends;
- knowledge and effectiveness of procedures and support services at your school.
Block Information on Published data
Statistics Canada publishes the results of its surveys in many formats. To find all the documents related to this survey, follow the links below and type the name of the survey in the search engine located at the left of your screen to filter the results.
Data: You will find tables, profiles of a community or region, thematic maps, public use microdata files, and data visualization tools.
Analysis: You will have direct access to Stats in brief (e.g., releases from The Daily, fact sheets), articles and reports, and journals and periodicals.
Block Information on Other information
Other Information: List of services for respondents
Should you need support, please contact:
- Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime: 1-877-232-2610
- The Department of Justice has an online directory of support services.
Block Information on Related surveys
- Questionnaires, definitions, data sources and methods: survey number 5279