Statistics Canada regularly engages in consultations with Canadians to gauge client satisfaction, seek input on program development and initiatives, and test the usability of its website features.
To obtain feedback from its clients, users and key stakeholders, the Agency uses many consultation methods, including one-on-one discussions, online questionnaires, roundtable discussions, dialogue sessions, consultative committees and focus groups.
Statistics Canada's consultation activities are published online, along with the findings.
Consultation results are also available online from the Canadian government website Consulting With Canadians.
Recently announced consultations
- Fall 2018 - Statistics Canada Client Survey
- October 2018 - Centre for Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Statistics
- October 2018 - Measuring low income and Canada's Official Poverty Line
- October 2018 - Engaging Canadians: Statistics Canada’s National Dialogue
- September 2018 - Interactive Dashboards
- September 2018 - New Data Tables
- August 2018 - Website for the 2019 Census Test
- March 23 to June 1, 2018 - Revisions to the Classification of Instructional Programs
- December 2017 - 2021 Census of Population Content Consultation
- September and October 2017 - 2021 Census of Agriculture Content Consultation