In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Statistics Canada is collecting data on an ongoing basis to better understand its impacts on Canadians.
In order to collect information on specific topics related to the impacts of the pandemic, the questionnaire will change on a regular basis
The information will be used by various government departments such as the Public Health Agency of Canada and Employment and Social Development Canada, and other types of organizations to evaluate the need for health and social services, as well as economic support, during and after the pandemic.
- Starting May 26 – Trust in Others, currently taking place
- Upcoming June 9 – Families with Children
Please visit this page on a regular basis for information on upcoming topics.
Block Information on Questions related to this data collection
Questions related to this data collection
- Who can participate in this data collection series?
- Where can I find the current questionnaire?
- Can I answer the questions by phone?
- When will the results be released?
- What type of information are you collecting?
- How long does it take to complete the questionnaire?
Who can participate in this data collection series?
All Canadians from the ten provinces and three territories are eligible to participate.
Where can I find the the current questionnaire?
Go to www.statcan.gc.ca/COVID-series-e. From there, you can easily access the online questionnaire by selecting "Participate now" at the top of the page.
Can I answer the questions by phone?
No. To conduct this data collection series as quickly as possible, we are only collecting information via online questionnaires.
When will the results be released?
The results of the first questionnaire (on mental health) will be released on our website in mid-May. Results for subsequent questionnaires will follow on a regular basis.
What type of information are you collecting?
We are collecting information on the physical and mental health impacts of COVID-19 on Canadians, as well as on the social and employment circumstances of Canadians.
How long does it take to complete the questionnaire?
It will take approximately ten minutes to complete the first questionnaire. The other questionnaires will be similar in length.
- For more information about this survey (questionnaires, definitions, data sources and methods used): survey number 5323