In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Statistics Canada is collecting data on an ongoing basis to better understand its impacts on Canadians.
In order to collect information on specific topics related to the impacts of the pandemic, the questionnaire will change on a regular basis
The information will be used by various government departments such as the Public Health Agency of Canada and Employment and Social Development Canada, and other types of organizations to evaluate the need for health and social services, as well as economic support, during and after the pandemic.
- August 4 to 24 – Experiences of Discrimination (in collection)
- June 23 to July 6: Living with Long-term Conditions and Disabilities (collection completed)
- June 9 to June 22: Parenting During the Pandemic (collection completed)
- May 26 to June 8: Trust in Others (collection completed)
- May 12 to May 25: Perceptions of Safety (collection completed)
- April 24 to May 9: Your Mental Health (collection completed)
Please visit this page on a regular basis for information on upcoming topics.
Block Information on Questions related to this data collection
Questions related to this data collection
- Who can participate in this data collection series?
- Where can I find the current questionnaire?
- Can I answer the questions by phone?
- When will the results be released?
- What type of information are you collecting?
- How long does it take to complete the questionnaire?
Who can participate in this data collection series?
Anybody living in Canada in the ten provinces or three territories may be eligible to participate, depending on the specific topic.
Where can I find the the current questionnaire?
Go to www.statcan.gc.ca/COVID-series-e. From there, you can easily access the online questionnaire by selecting "Participate now" at the top of the page.
Can I answer the questions by phone?
No. To conduct this data collection series as quickly as possible, we are only collecting information via online questionnaires.
When will the results be released?
The results of the questionnaires are released on our website on a regular basis. Find out more here: COVID-19: A data perspective.
What type of information are you collecting?
We are collecting information on the physical and mental health impacts of COVID-19 on Canadians, as well as on the social and employment circumstances of Canadians.
How long does it take to complete the questionnaire?
It takes approximately five minutes to complete a questionnaire.
- For more information about this survey (questionnaires, definitions, data sources and methods used): survey number 5323