Statistics Canada regularly engages in consultations with Canadians to gauge client satisfaction, seek input on program development and initiatives, and test the usability of its website features.
To obtain feedback from its clients, users and key stakeholders, the Agency uses many consultation methods, including one-on-one discussions, online questionnaires, roundtable discussions, dialogue sessions, consultative committees and focus groups.
Statistics Canada's consultation activities are published online, along with the findings.
Consultation results are also available online from the Canadian government website Consulting With Canadians.
Recently announced consultations
- January 2020 - Interactive Data Visualization Products: Phase 4
- January 2020 - Statistics Canada's Website Evaluation 2020
- January 2020 - Centre for Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Statistics
- December 2019 - Multifactor Productivity Application
- November 2019 - Statistics Canada Client Survey 2019
Recently announced results
- January 2020 - National Road Network
- November 2019 - 2021 Census of Agriculture Content Consultation
- September 2019 - Interactive Data Visualization Products: Phase 2
- September 2019 - Engaging Canadians: Statistics Canada's National Dialogue
- July 2019 - Statistics Canada Client Survey 2017