Statistics Canada regularly engages in consultations with Canadians to gauge client satisfaction, seek input on program development and initiatives, and test the usability of its website features.
To obtain feedback from its clients, users and key stakeholders, the Agency uses many consultation methods, including one-on-one discussions, online questionnaires, roundtable discussions, dialogue sessions, consultative committees and focus groups.
Statistics Canada's consultation activities are published online, along with the findings.
Consultation results are also available online from the Canadian government website Consulting With Canadians.
Recently announced consultations
- March 2019 - Invitation to participate in the revision of the North American Product Classification System (NAPCS) Canada
- March 2019 - Revision to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada
- March 2019 - 2019 Census Test Website
- February 2019 - Consultation on the new Canadian Research and Development Classification (CRDC)
- January 2019 - 2021 Census of Population Dissemination Consultation
- January 2019 - Statistics Canada's Website Evaluation 2019
- Fall 2018 - Statistics Canada Client Survey
- October 2018 - Centre for Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Statistics
- October 2018 - Measuring low income and Canada's Official Poverty Line
- October 2018 - Engaging Canadians: Statistics Canada's National Dialogue
- March 23 to June 1, 2018 - Revisions to the Classification of Instructional Programs
- December 2017 - 2021 Census of Population Content Consultation
- September and October 2017 - 2021 Census of Agriculture Content Consultation
Recently announced results
- March 2019 - Website for the 2019 Census Test
- January 2019 - Interactive Dashboards
- January 2019 - New Data Tables
- December 2018 - Survey of Canadians' Views on Statistics Canada
- January 2018 - Statistics Canada's Website Evaluation 2018
- November 2017 - Cannabis Stats Hub
- October 2017 - Infographics
- December 2016 – Statistics by variable